State of Veracruz, Mexico to Launch First Adventure Travel Trade Show in September 2012
As a result of the 2011 Adventure Travel World Summit, the costal city of Veracruz, Mexico will be hosting the first ATMEX Adventure Travel Trade Show from September 5 – 9, 2012. The event is the result of collaboration between the Government of the State of Veracruz, the state’s Ministry of Tourism, Culture and Cinematography, the Ministry of Tourism of Mexico, and the Mexican Tourism Board.
The theme for the Trade Show will be “Breaking New Trails”. Before the event, a select group of media will be taken on all expense tours to a variety of places throughout Mexico. The goal of the event will be to connect qualified buyers from America and Europe with more than 150 of Mexico’s best tour operators.
“The State of Veracruz offers vast resources and experiences for adventure tourism and we want to share it with the more than 400 delegates and international journalists visiting ATMEX’s first event,” said Leticia Perlasca Núñez, Minister of Tourism, Culture and Cinematography of Veracruz
The keynote speakers for ATMEX will be:
• J. Wallace Nichols: Renowned marine biologist and turtle expert and founder of Ocean Revolution, an international network of young ocean advocates
• Gavin Greenwood: Founder of Rio Secreto, a natural tourist reserve that has received over 200,000 visitors in the past four years in Quintana Roo
• Carlos Carsolio: Mountaineer and first Latin American to reach Everest’s summit without oxygen
• Gustavo Timo: Founder of the Brazilian Adventure Travel and Ecotourism Trade Association and board member of ABETA as well as Director of Sextante, Ltda, a consulting company specializing in competitiveness and innovation in adventure travel
• Pati Ruiz Corzo: Founder of Grupo Ecologico Sierra Gorda (GESG) and passionate advocate for establishing a new paradigm in the management of protected natural areas using community participation
• Scott Adams: President of Birchbark Media, a content marketing agency that helps to market and develop adventure travel businesses using social media, SEO, video and more